Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Little Unsure

So I don't really know what I am doing, but Brooke keeps leaving threatening messages on my phone, so I thought I would give it a whirl.

Connecticut has treated us pretty well so far. Jared is loving his new job, as well as all of his co-workers. He is pretty busy though, and trying to learn everything seems a bit overwhelming right now! He has top notch work ethic though, so he will be JUST FINE!!! And I was just informed right now that he is getting so comfortable in his new surroundings that tomorrow he will be showing off his sun-deprived, yet bushly legs in a pair of shorts.
I have a pretty tight schedule as well. Seeing as the carless job search was not so fruitful, we have decided my new job titles will be nutritionist/cook, maid, exercise coordinator, wild cat tamer and practicer of the piano. I will also be signing up for a swim aerobics and/or photography class. I don't know how I do it all, can we say WONDERWOMAN?
Cricket is totally digging the new pad, especially now that we have stairs. Her new favorite thing to do (which freaks me out) is, when we come home, to be precariously perched on the ledge. She is really proud of her gravity defying triumph, though I don't think she realizes how high up she really is and how far she would plummet. She also is into biting these days, a habit we are trying to break. She doesn't walk behind me without nibbling a little on my calf- I guess my fault for wearing such tempting lotions.
Though we don't see alot of each other, we are having a jolly good time exploring the new "hood". Let's just say downtown Stamford is a hopping place to be, and people are REALLY different- they come in all flavors. Just the other day we ran into a colorful character meandering down the street wearing jeans, t-shirt, and you guessed it a CAPE and home- made tin foil SUPERHERO MASK! We would have never experienced such pleasures in Rexburg!

That is all for now, I will put up some pictures when we take some (and when I figure out how to). Love everyone

2 comments:

Michael said...

Be sure to send us a picture of your cape and tin foil hat.

Brooke said...

Seriously you have a crazy cat!

I agree with Mike seeing as you are superwomen, you should probably make your own cape and tinfoil mask!!