Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fixing that which is broke

So Isaac is officially on the calendar to have his teeth fixed. He will be going in Oct 12th. We don't have a time yet, the surgery center will call us with one. But it will most likely be first thing in the morning.

Bitter sweet this operation will be. I look forward to having Isaac's teeth look "normal", and be pain free. I don't look forward to having him be put completely under with breathing tubes. That whole day will not be fun.

The dentist said he will have a sore throat for a day or two (from the tubes), but otherwise should be fine. I know from experience that the waking up from anesthesia makes him cranky until it is completely out of his system. I also know from personal experience that iv's are painful, one of the lesser pains he will feel that day, though.

I hope all will go well during the operation, and that Isaac can have a quick recovery. I also hope that Ainsley can be a sweet girl that day, and not be too demanding!

Anyway wish me luck, and keep Isaac in your prayers.